Dr. Jack Saux is a medical oncologist in Covington, Louisiana. He received his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans and has been in practice for more than 20 years, concentrating in hematology and oncology in St. Tammany Parish since 1998.
Philadelphia, PA | Director: Dr. Peter Pickens, MD
Mayo Hospital 03/2013 – 06/2013: House Staff
Lahore, Pakistan | Director: Dr. Athar Pervez
Sajid Abaidullah Clinic 09/2010 – 04/2011: House Officer
Lahore, Pakistan | Director: Dr. Sajid Abaidullah
Abington Jefferson Health 08/2016 – 01/2017:Philadelphia, PA | Director: Steven Cohen, MD
- “Outcome of Gastrointestinal cancer patients after ICU admission: the Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH) experience” and submitted to ASCO 2017 for poster and publication. - “Bevacizumab induced bleeding in colorectal and non-colorectal cancer patients in a community oncology setting: an Abington Memorial Hospital experience.”
Abington Jefferson Health 01/2015 – 04/2016:Resident Physician Position
Philadelphia, PA | Director: Dr. C.J. Fidler and Dr. Mary Naglak, Ph.
- Project was a retrospective observational study which looked at patients being treated with Palbociclib in the real world (community) setting.
Abington Jefferson Health 10/2015 – 09/2016: Clinical Rotation, PGY-3
Philadelphia, PA | Director: Dr. Mark Sundermeyer
- Focus was the role of PD-1 inhibitors in NSCLC, recently approved last year for both squamous and non-squamous NSCLC, PD-1 inhibitors have provided.
University of Cincinnati 05/2011 – 08/2012: Cincinnati, OH | Post-doctoral Fellow, Arnold Schwartz, Ph.D.
- Worked with a post-doctoral fellow on defining the role of micro-RNAs.
Lahore, Pakistan 2010 – 2013:Attended bomb blast victims continually. Did needle thoracotomies for tension pneumothorax patients, arranged blood through blood bank society, applied bandages and stitches.
Flood Relief Camp 08/2010: Pakistan
Emory University 03/2010 – 04/2010: Atlanta, GA
Heart Failure | Director: Dr. Javed Butler, MD
Grady Hospital at Emory University 09/2009: Surgery Elective Rotation
Atlanta, GA | Director: Dr. David Feliciano
Earthquake Relief Committee 10/2005:Lahore, Pakistan | Professor Syed Muhammed Awais
Blood Donor Society 2004 – 2010:King Edward Medical University | Pakistan
1) Ali; N., Malik; F., Analysis of Efficacy and Tolerability of Bruton Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Ibrutinib in Various B-cell Malignancies in General Community: a Single-Center Experience, Abington Jefferson Health, Abington, PA, United States, Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia. 2016;16:S52–S53
2) Malik F, Ali N, Ahsan I, Ghani AR, Fidler C. Eculizumab refractory thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura secondary to post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis in a patient. J Community Hosp Intern Med Perspect. 2016 Dec 15;6(6):32310
3) Ali, N., Malik, F., Jafri, S.I.M. (2016, April 25). Guillain–Barré syndrome occurring synchronously with systemic lupus erythematosus as initial manifestation treated successfully with low-dose cyclophosphamide. J Community Hosp Intern Med Perspect. 2016 Apr 25;6(2):30689.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts
1) Malik, F., Denlinger, C. (2016). A Story of a Hero and Two Villains, “Kill Two Birds with One Stone!” A case of synchronous esophageal squamous cancer and lung adenocarcinoma that I took care of at Fox chase cancer center. Chest. 2016;150(4_S):747A.
2) Lashari,B., Malik; F, Pseudoaneurym: A Rare Cause of Hemoptysis, Chest. 2016;150(4_S):809A.
3) Malik, F., Bashir, B., Gandhi, A. (2016). "Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease presenting as Cor-pulmonale" This was a patient I received patient safety award for making the diagnosis overnight by getting a stat bedside echo cardiogram. Chest. 2016;150(4_S):1203A.
4) Ghani, A., Malik, F. Aortic Dissection Presenting with Atypical Chest Pain. International Journal of Clinical & Medical Imaging. 2015, Dec; Volume 2(Issue 12): ISSN: 2376-0249. Cited in PubMed; PMID: ISSN: 2376-0249.
5) Azad, R., Malik, F. (2016). "Journey from Ecstasy to Ecmo" Chest. 2016;150(4_S):107A.
6) Malik, F. (2016). "Catastrophic Influenza Infection in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus-a management challenge" American Journal of respiratory critical care medicine 193; 2016:A1882
7) Malik F, Ali N, Denlinger Crystal, “Multiple primary cancers in single individuals: diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas" PubMed status: submitted
8) Jafri S.I.M, Ali, N, Malik F, & Shahin M. The tell-tale heart: A case of recurrent vulvar carcinoma with cardiac metastasis and review of literature. British Medical Journal Case Reports. 2016, Jul; Pub Status: Provisionally Accepted.
9) Malik F, Ali, N, Fidler C. A girl who was allergic to life “Continuous diphenhydramine infusion and imatinib for c-KIT negative Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. Submitted to American Journal of Case Reports
10) Malik F, Ali N, Fidler C. Casual or causal? "Two unique cases of Hodgkin’s lymphoma" and literature review. Submitted to Rare Tumors Journal
1) Malik F, Ali N, Boigon M, Fidler C. Real World Experience of Palbociclib in Hormone Receptor Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer. ASCO 2017.
2) Malik F, Ali N, Cohen S. Outcome of gastrointestinal cancer patients after ICU admission: the Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH) experience.” ASCO 2017.
3) Ali N, Malik F, Cohen S. Bevacizumab induced bleeding in colorectal and non colorectal cancer patients in a community oncology setting: an Abington Memorial Hospital experience. ASCO 2017.
4) Jafri S.I.M., Malik F, & Sundermeyer M. (August, 2016). Immunotherapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and The Abscopal Effect Poster presented at: International Conference on Advances in Hematology and Oncology; Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA. ASCO 2017.
5) Ahsan, I, Malik F. (2016). Proteinuria in Elderly: A Sign of Something Sinister Poster presented at: Society of General Internal Medicine; Hollywood, FL.; Philadelphia, PA.
6) Azad, R, Malik, F. "Catch me if you can; A complicated case of Combined hepatocellular and cholangiocarcinoma (cHCC-CC)" Poster presented at: American College of Physicians Hawaii Chapter; Honolulu, HI.
7) Ghani A, Jafri S.I.M, Malik F. (2015). (2015). Plasmapheresis resistant Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome: A challenge in management. Poster presented at: American College of Physicians Southeastern Chapter; Philadelphia, PA.
8) Jafri S.I.M, Malik F & Seidman M. (2016). (2016). Post-Partum Period and Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura – a new association?? Poster presented at: American College of Physicians National Meeting; Washington, DC.
9) Malik, F. (2015). "Exsanguination protocol for blood transfusion in non-trauma case". Poster presented at: American Medical Association; Atlanta, GA.
10) Malik F. (2016). Central nervous system vasculitis- a rare disabling presentation of microscopic polyangitis, Poster presented at: Mayo Clinic Rheumatology Review for Primary Care; Amelia Island, FL.
11) Malik F. (2016). Harvoni is the new drug of choice for hepatitis C related mixed cryoglobulinemic vasculitis Poste r presented at: Mayo Clinic Rheumatology Review for Primary Care; Amelia Island, FL.
12) Malik F, Azad R. (2016). (2016). Para-neoplastic dysphagia as the first presentation of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, Poster presented at: American College of Physicians Hawaii Chapter; Honolulu, HI.
13) Malik, F, Jafri S.I.J. (2016). "Thrombocytopenia; the culprit lies in the stomach". A refractory ITP case which finally got better with H-pylori treatment. Poster presented at: American College of Physicians National Meeting; District of Columbia, DC.
14) Malik, F, Lashari B. (2016). "A girl who was allergic to life; Continuous Benadryl Infusion for prevention of Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)". Poster presented at: American College of Physicians National Meeting; Washington, DC.
15) Nandiraju D, Malik F. (2016). "Thyrotoxic periodic paralysis-rare initial presentation of thyrotoxicosis" Poster presented at: 86th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association; Denver, CO.
16) Ahsan I, Malik F. Palbociclib related pneumotoxicity; a rare side effect. Chest 2017.
1) Malik F. (2016). Palbociclib is the first line therapy for hormone receptor positive, HER-2 receptor negative metastatic breast cancer Oral Presentation presented at: Abington Jefferson Health, Internal Medicine Research Symposium; Abington, PA.
2) Malik F. (2015). Resistant thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis, Oral Presentation presented at: American Medical Association; Atlanta, GA.
MSN, APRN, FNP-C, AOCNP
Nacole Diaz is a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Oncology certified Nurse Practitioner at Northshore Oncology Associates in Covington, Louisiana. She received her Master of Science in Nursing from Southeastern Louisiana University in 2015. Nacole is a United States Army Reserves veteran and worked as an acute Registered Nurse for 5 years prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner.
Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology and Oncology
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Oncology Nursing Society
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Sydney Fussell is a board certified Physician Assistant at Northshore Oncology Associates in Covington, Louisiana. She received her Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Bethel University in Paris, Tennessee in 2015. She began her career as a Physician Assistant with Northshore Oncology Associates in 2015.
National Committee on Certification of Physician Assistants
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Kellee Swider is a board certified Physician Assistant at Northshore Oncology Associates in Covington, Louisiana. She received her Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Anne Arundel Community College and St. Francis University in 2014. She worked as a board certified Radiation Therapist for 10 years prior to becoming a Physician Assistant.